About the project¶
I sometimes play with Flightgear and I really enjoy it. But operating a plane with only a mouse and a keyboard is nearly impossible.
I would like to create some hardware external controls with a bunch of microcontrollers and real switches/screens.
This project will try to show you how you can build such physical controls...
- "Flightgear Yoke and Panel": a physical DIY yoke and console with the minimum controls to start and operate a Cessna 172p for VFR.
I would like to emulate the following controls:
- KX165 which is a COM/NAV radio controler.
- KR87 which is an ADF radio controler.
- KMA20 which is an audio panel and ILS console.
- KAP140 which is an AutoPilot.
Those console are emulated for the Cessna c172p of Flightgear.